Spring is in the air, and so are questions about spring car maintenance. Simply follow these tips to help your vehicle recover from the salt and grime of winter - and to get it ready for the summer days ahead.
- Make sure to remove, vacuum and wash your winter carpets (you can also apply a mix of water and vinegar to remove stubborn calcium stains)
- Vacuum the inside of your car - many car-washes also provide good quality vacuums to customers
- Spray your vinyl seats with an automotive vinyl cleanser, and finish the job with a vinyl protectant
- Replace worn out wiper blades and fill up on window washer fluid
- Generously spray your car, and its underbody, with a hose to remove salt build-up
- Remove your winter tires and rotate your all season tires
- Perform a brake check since extreme winter temperatures, salt, and grime may have affected their performance
Bruno’s Best Tip: Don’t forget to double-check your vehicle’s fluid levels for your engine, transmission, radiator, battery, air conditioner etc.! Refer to your service manual, or have a certified professional assist you.
Bruno’sautomotive staff wishes you a great spring driving season.