Review Bruno’s winter safety tips for your vehicles:
- Oil change: Use synthetic grade oil can avoid the oil thickening in the cold temperatures which will cause the vehicle harder to start.
- Block heater test: Check if your block heater works properly.
- Battery check: Ottawa’s extreme weather wears out a battery faster. The average lifespan of a battery is 3 to 5 years. Run a battery load test to determine whether it needs to be replaced or repaired.
- Tire condition: Check if the tire tread wearing evenly or worn out. Is it adequate for snow and icy conditions. Read our TLC for tires for more tire caring tips.
- Tire pressure: Check it monthly! Tire pressure drops when temperature drops. Maintaining proper pressure helps prevent flats and optimizes fuel efficiency. Your tire pressure should be within factory specifications in your vehicles' owner's manual. Need new tires? Join Bruno's 2010 Tire Sale event.
- Fuel: Keeping your gas tank half-full can reduce condensation from forming in the fuel tank. Condensation can cause gas line to freeze.
- Liquids: Switch to winter-grade windshield washer fluid and check the level and strength of coolant.
- Check: Belts, hoses, tires, wiper blades and electrical accessories. If there are cracks, bulges or leaks, malfunction, have them replaced.
Bruno's Automotive Inc.
Phone: (613) 225-9986
1875 Merivale Road
Ottawa ON K2G 1E5